Date
 Event
 1873
First church built in Maquoketa.
 
Father Timothy Treacy was the first resident pastor.
 1915-1930
Property secured on E. Platt Street for a new Church.
 
Church built in 1915.
 
Church completed in 1930, Sanctuary, bell tower, parish hall
 1930-1960
Property purchased on Vermont Street for a new church.
 1960
Plans for a school and convent presented
 1962
Sept. 4th: The school opened and convent occupied, debt free.
 1964
Plans for a larger church
 1972
Sept. 24th: The cornerstone was placed
 
Dec. 12th: The church was dedicated by Archbishop James J. Byrn
 1992
Renovation of the church started.
 2004
Child care is the newest ministry of the parish
 2006
July 1st: Sacred Heart Parish, St. Lawerence in Otter Creek and St. John in Andrew became a tri-parish cluster. Archbishop Jerome Hanus recommended the clusters so that a pastor could minister to the people in smaller parished and keep the churches open.
 2011
 St. John Parish in Andrew was closed.
 
Sacred Heart was linked with St. Joseph Parish in Preston. We share our pastor.
 2013
Sacred Heart Parish celebrated 140 years as a parish.
 
Scared Heart School celebrated 50 years of Catholic Education in our community.
 
Our parish continues to start new ministires.
 
We include all parishioners in spirtual and social growth. The school is growing. Our parish is a great place to be in this year of faith.
 
May 1st: The parish obtains a website.